Here they are, our absolutely top 10 tips to ensure your tan is perfectly gorgeous for as long as possible….
- If you’re a tanning junkie, make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result.
- If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do it more than 24 hours before your tan.
- When you’re tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturiser the night before to get your skin as silky as possible. The most common cause of a patchy tan is dry skin, so it’s crucial to moisturise problem areas (wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) immediately prior to self tan application.
- Keep palms tan-free – try using latex gloves, then simply sweep the backs of the hands with self tan diluted with moisturiser.
- When you’re applying your tan, make sure you’re covered all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up.
- Try to avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time – a minimum of 2 hours. Try wipes instead.
- Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it – once it’s been on for the required amount of time it will have given you the natural-looking golden colour you’re after. For a deeper tan you should re-apply on your home care Ultra Fine Mist DHA SPRAY successive days – 2 – 3 days in a row will give you a really deep, rich bronze tan.
- When you’ve applied your tan wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything that’s pressing on the skin may make the results a bit patchy.
- The hands and face will fade quicker than the rest of the body so apply home care Ultra Fine Mist DHA SPRAY to the face and the backs of the hands to keep your tan looking fresher for longer. For a colour boost for the rest of the body – but don’t forget to polish and moisturise, too, or your colour won’t fade evenly…